Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Columbus Day - Bishops orchard

On Columbus day we went to bishop's orchard with the Larsens. It was fun. The day was absolutely beautiful! It's always nice to go to the pumpkin farm, go through the hay maze and enjoy some homemade apple cider. I was a little frazzeled heading out the door this time and some how forgot to pack the stroller. (big mistake). Luckily they had these cute little wheel barrows so I didn't have to carry Kate around the whole time. (especially since she was asleep and of course Jusin was working.) I planned to take some cute pictures of the girls while we were out there and had some ideas about coordinating outfits, but of course Michelle had to be her own person and I couldn't get her to wear anything other than the crazy outfit she has on here. So, we all tried to coordinate around her and her rainbow pants. I think we did pretty well considering the circumstances. Kate was more coordinated, but had a blowout just before we got there so had to be changed as well, but still did ok. Michelle.
Nathan

The whole crew. Jonah Larsen, Nathan, John, Noah Larsen, Elijah Larsen, Samantha, Michelle, Joseph and Isaac Larsen. Just after this picture we got yelled at for climbing on the maze (whoops!). Leave it to mom to disobey the rules.



Everyone on the tractor. Should have zoomed in a little closer.


Kate in her makeshift stroller. I can always count on her to be a great sleeper! YAY Kate!



The boys chugging cider. yum!




Samantha, Michelle and Nathan. You can tell that Samantha loves to pose for pictures. She actually looked really cute. I thought the bow was a bit too big to wear right there in her hair, but she really loved it and I think it worked out. She's pretty good at putting things together.






Here's my girl picture, if only I could have gotten Kate to look at me. What you can't see is that there were about a million little kids trying to jump into this pile of hay so I really couldn't take a lot of pictures right here (plus my camera isn't that good).
After playing in the pumpkin patch we went into the store where I was able to pick up a bunch of lower grade apples for a great price. The next day I made a couple of batches of apple sauce. That's something I need to do next year too. It was so good!






No comments: