Sunday, January 23, 2011

Christmas 2010

Ok I'm finally writing about our Christmas this year. It was busy, busy, but full of fun. I'm committing right now to simplify next year. Remind me to read this then. From about the week before Thanksgiving to the beginning of January I just felt slammed. Joseph had a birthday party the week before and then we had 23 people over for Thanksgiving dinner. It was a ton of fun. Janae and her family came and so did our friends the Greens and Matt and Colleen. Lots of good food and good company! The weeks before Christmas held the usually things shopping for Christmas presents, parties, scout and preschool events. The scouts put on a nativity show for the ward. I was partially in charge of this so it added a bit of stress, but wasn't really my baby so I was able to stress less about it. The kids did a really great job learning lots of songs and acting it out.
I am in a quilting guild here in Connecticut. I'm not really a great quilter, but I do like to sew so it's been fun to learn some new techniques here. It was my turn to host. We had a gift exchange that everyone was supposed to make something homemade for. I made this table runner. It didn't turn out perfectly, but I'm happy with it. I designed it and had fun picking out all the material. We decided to go to Washington DC for Christmas. I didn't want to bring all the presents so we opened them on the Saturday before. Here are a few pictures:














Nathan had a little song presentation at school. He learned the words and sign language to Rudolf the red nose reigndeer and the 12 days of Christmas. It was pretty cute.






Christmas eve nativity at Grandma Rowberry's house.






Joseph and Mary (Nathan and Samantha)






Our family with Grandma Rowberry, Uncle Ryan, Aunt Barb, and Aunt Kristy at the Barlow Center. We spent a lot of time here playing games and visiting. It was fun. We hadn't seen Ryan and Barb for a long time. It was really great to see them.








1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Nathan is looking a lot bigger. Sheesh. Stop growing. I love that you're in a quilting guilde, that's great and I'm super impressed with your quilting skills.
I loved the black out story. It's so easy to take all our conveniences for granted. I just put together a bunch of food bags for 72 hour kits and the kids saw them. Crud, now they're going to get into them and we'll have the same problem. How nice of mom to have six big snack bags all ready for me...
I need your Connecticut yankee phone number.