Saturday, September 15, 2012

Joseph

 So, in the last post I mentioned that Joseph was trying out for the football team.  . . .he didn't make it, but there were 100 kids trying out for 30 spots, so he didn't feel too bad about that.  One of his friends that tried out had been playing for 7 years and didn't make it. . . . sports are just really competitive here.  I think he will make the jazz band though.  That's what he's trying out for next.  I talked to the band teacher at the open house last Thursday and he said that Joseph plays beautifully and sounded really positive about it.  I'm sure there won't be 100 kids trying out for trumpet in the jazz band though ;)  I just wanted to post several pictures through the last year of Joseph.  Since this is my scrapbook . . . . . The above picture is at Joseph's ordination to the priesthood when he turned 12.  I know very dignified.  Justin bought him a new suit and it was huge!! but there wasn't time to return it and get a normal size, so he just wore it huge for a few months, and now 10 months later it fits him perfectly.  Don't worry, I've already claimed the rights to take John when he gets his new suit.
 This is a picture of Joseph's first temple trip in Dec. 2011.  It was our ward temple day and Justin and I were both able to go.  We did a babysitting swap with some other families.  It was so neat to see him get baptized for the first time.
 These are the cupcakes from his birthday last year.  They played lots of fun games in the gym at the church.  It was such an easy party to plan which was great!
 Our family + Janae and Tyson and family + Mom and dad Rowberry at Joseph's ordination.
 Poison Ivy on the face.  Joseph got poison ivy 3 times this summer.  Twice on the face.  Ouch!  I still haven't managed to ever get it.  He pretty much always comes home with it after a boy scout hike.
Here he is playing around with a lobster that I cooked.  It was one of our funnest meals this summer. the girls especially had a fun time playinng with the lobsters before I threw them in the pot.  Ity was delicious!

1 comment:

Chellayne said...

your'e such a great family. Glad to see your'e still keeping a blog.