Sunday, August 17, 2014

Rebirth

ok.  It has been a whole year since I wrote in here!!  Actually more.  I am wanting to jump back in to blogging.  I really feel like it is a great way to journal about my family and our experiences and to share all of our life with our family members who live far away.

So I guess I will just start with last week.  We went to Washington for a Jim Stoker family reunion.  It was wonderful!  We drove straight through 15 hours from Las Vegas to Washington and it actually wasn't too bad of a drive.  The summer is much better for driving up than the winter.  Our first real day there was Saturday.  After a few chores in the morning we went to goose lake to go cliff jumping.  Luckily Danny remembered the way there and we all had a great time.  The water was wonderful!  The older kids jumped from the 30 ft cliffs and the younger ones found smaller places to jump from.  We were all really glad we had water shoes.  

Sunday we went to church and after had some family and friends over for a visit.  It was really nice to reconnect with some of my cousins.  It had been a really long time since I had seen a lot of them.  Dad's garden was as beautiful and wild as I remembered.  The old grape arbor was taken down, (which was sad), but the garden was still as fun and mysterious as ever.  

Monday we drove up to Ensign Ranch.  It's a church owned camp near Cle Elum Washington.  There was lots to do there and we had a blast.  We rented a cabin which we shared.  My family got the loft.  Mom and dad and Danny slept on the main level, and Maia and Kendall and Matt and Colleen slept in tents.  It rained a few of the nights, so we definitely got the best deal.  During our stay we got to slide down a huge slip n slide, go horseback riding, go tubing down the river, go canoeing, take a breathtaking hike to Pete's Lake and eat lots of smores.  It was a lot of fun!  Everyone had a great time!







No comments: