Wednesday, May 13, 2020

Family history challenge. Day 2 describe yourself

SO I’m not really doing great at this 21 day challenge.  The days don’t have to be consecutive right?   Alright..here goes.  There are no rules about how long or short this is supposed to be so I will just write what I want.  It basically just says physically, mentally, spiritually, personality....so I’ll break it down according to the prompts.

Physically:  I am a 42 year old woman who has had 7 kids.  I was once very slender and though I don’t consider myself fat, could definitely stand to lose a few pounds or twenty especially throughout the middle.  I have blonde hair, which is still pretty blonde!  My husband likes to tease me that it is getting closer to brown, but I think it’s actually still a pretty nice color.  I don’t really have any gray that I notice, but being blonde it probably just blends in.  I used to get highlights fairly regularly but have quit doing that.  I like the thought of being more natural and saving the money, but I also sometimes wish I still got highlights or had a more flashy hairstyle.  My hair is shoulder length and stick straight.  It doesn’t hold a curl very well so my motivation to style it everyday is pretty weak.  I’m 5 ft. 7 in tall.  So a little above average on height.  My complexion is pretty white, though living in Okinawa is tanning me up a bit.  I’m just starting to see wrinkles and still kind of recovering from some pregnancy mask from my last baby.

I’m generally pretty healthy, but I do have diabetes.  I would never know it though if the doctor and my finger pricks didn’t tell me so.  I’ve never really experienced a high or low blood sugar.  Well maybe a low or 2, but nothing too dramatic besides being super hungry and a little shaky.  I run 3
-4 times a week to try and maintain my weight or lose and am stuck in that continual race trying to lose weight and outrun the disease that is just waiting behind the curtains.  I was able to get off of medication for a few months...but I feel like the next A1C is going to come back telling me to go back on.  But I guess that’s ok.  I dont need to be afraid of medicine, just need to do the best with my diet that I can.  That’s the tricky part.  I love to ride bikes and kayak in the ocean.  I’m grateful that my body lets me do all of these wonderful things and that I get to live on Okinawa and close to the ocean.

Mentally.  Does this include emotionally??  Mentally I think I’m still pretty sharp.  I always did well in school, but learning Japanese has proved more difficult than I thought.  I think it’s just because I don’t devote enough consistent time to it though.  Emotionally I’m kind of a wreck.  This last year, having a baby, moving across the world, sending my two oldest on missions, seeing them come home from COVID 19 and then reassigned and social distancing has done a number on my emotions.  I’m not in a bad place, just been feeling all the feels and my lucky husband gets to feel the brundt of it.  Good thing he is a patient soul.

Spiritually.  I have a strong testimony of my Savior Jesus Christ.  I know that he died for me and that he loves me.  This has gotten me through many difficulties.  I’m grateful and proud that my sons have both gone on missions and that they continue to serve the Lord in Las Vegas and San Diego.  As a family we are very active at church.  Justin has been in a bishopric for many years.  I’ve been working with the seminary program the last few years.  It’s a great place to be.

Personality.  Hmmmm....I try to do what’s right.  I love to laugh, but I’m not usually the one telling the jokes.  I think it’s important to help other people and serve others, but it’s also really important to have fun everyday.  I’m pretty patient and probably do more of the work at home than I should.  I’m kind of a child spoiler, but am learning to be more disciplined.  We’re all happier when everyone shares in the work and I’m not left to do it all.  I love people.  I can be kind of quiet, but I love to be around others.  I love music.  I haven’t spent the work on music that I need to to make myself happy, but I really enjoy singing and playing the piano.  I just need to work harder to reach mastery, or even tolerable music.  I love nature.  I love to hike, bike, kayak, and run.  This world is beautiful.  I love to sew and learn new things until it becomes work lol!  I’m usually pretty easygoing.  Though I’m learning that sometimes it’s good to have opinions and to take the lead...though I don’t love leadership and when I do decide to put my opinions out there I get pretty annoyed when everyone doesn’t think what I decided is amazing!  Just like everyone else I guess.  I’m pretty good at transitioning and getting used to new situations.  Like a chameleon I’m adaptable.  I love my kids and I’m grateful when we have good talks together.  They are all becoming amazing people.

Well,  I guess I checked all the boxes.  I could ramble on forever so I guess I’ll stop there.


No comments: