Friday, October 31, 2008

"It's called trick or treat dad, not Talk or treat!"




That is the quote of the night from John. We had a great time walking around the neighborhood, meeting new people and getting lots of candy. But of course as the line indicates Justin talked waaaaaaay too much at each house and the boys soon were two or three houses ahead of us. The weather was perfect for trick or treating tonight. Not to cold or too hot. Lots of the neighbors were out in front of their houses with a fire pit burning and just enjoying each others company. It was great!
On my camera there is a picture of everyone in their halloween costumes, but for some reason I couldn't get it to upload and then the battery died so I'll have to get it up later. Just in case I don't, Joey was a knight, John a ninja, Samantha a ballerina, Nathan a cat, and Michelle a dinosaur, Justin was high school graduate and I was an old lady trying to catch him.
In addition to Halloween, Justin was honored at a luncheon for being the best group leader something something in his squadron. Because of this he was nominated to be the best best bestest something on the base, but got beat out by the Chaplain. You can't really win against a man of God. It's not really fair, but we're proud of him anyway. Though he did miss out on a really cool trophy that looks like a superman crystal. Sorry I can't remember the names of the awards, but essentially he got an award for being the best company grade medical officer in his squadron which I think is all of the medical officers. He also took the boards this week so we are really excited to see more of him around the house again. No more tests for 7 more years!!!!! YAY!!!!!! Tomorrow he gets to tackle my honey do list:)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I can really picture that... Come on Dad! That was always my dad. We've never really had that issue with Jared, more me...
So glad to see you're all settled. i've been wondering about you guys. The house looks very nice. Don't you love having nice grass. Yay for the northwest.
Ps - the next Sarah Palin? You'll have to kill me first! Can you just see me in WA? No can you see Jared with me in WA??