Thursday, March 04, 2010

sledding with the young women

Today I'm playing catch up. I use this blog as my journal/scrapbook. I just don't have enough time to do a traditional one and eventually I plan on making a book of this blog. So, here are some photos from our YM/YW combined activity for January. We went sledding up in the mountains towards Fairfield. It was only about 45 minutes away which is amazing because there was absolutely no snow in Mt. Home on this day. We actually really lucked out. The weather in Mt. Home was awful, cold and windy and threatening to rain. I almost cancelled, but luckily the mountains sheilded us from the wind and for the 3 hours we were there, there was no precipitation. It did start snowing just as we left, but that was it.

In addition to the sledding we had chili and hot chocolate thanks to the huge stove the ym brought. They also chopped wood and made a fire for us. It was great. The day was really perfect! I think everyone had a lot of fun.






Joseph, John and Dallin Brown. I konw, they're not ym or yw, but my first counselors husband is deployed so she had to bring her son, and mine just begged to go. I'm glad I took them. They probably had more fun than anyone else there.


Brother Powell tending the fire. As you can tell, we just set up right on the side of the road. We were at Little Camas, a public area for hunting etc. Our ym leaders are avid hunters/outdoorsmen. It's so handy having them around because they know the area and are great fire builders.
A few of the young women eating chili and hot chocolate. MMMM! It was a great day!


No comments: